ScrubAir Hoods & Ductwork
ScrubAir hoods are custom-designed to achieve the most efficient fume capture of each tank depending on the chemistry involved or the physical size of the tank.
Multi-slotted upright hoods are the most efficient hoods for push-pull systems at capturing the fumes on long tanks at the surface level, or even when the parts are drawn up out of the liquid the upper slots will still provide fume capture.
- These hoods are typically fabricated from 1/4” and 3/8” thick Type II high impact PVC.
- The hoods are aesthetically crafted with heat-formed slots resulting in a much more durable hood. The heat-formed slots are proven not to warp over time – unlike conventional hoods designs. ScrubAir hoods also stand up to contact with parts or hoists.
- The slot velocities are designed for 2,200 – 2,500 feet per minute, resulting in superior fume capture.
- ScrubAir installs a skirt at the bottom section of each hood to allowing a pass-through for bussing and piping.
- ScrubAir install baffles between the hoods which are designed to prevent cross drafts from interfering with the efficiency of the ventilation system.
- Quadrant locking dampers are always standard with these ScrubAir hoods to allow the system to be balanced for the desired CFM of each tank.
Single slotted or double slotted downdraft-style hoods are best suited for long tank of 20’ or more in length where an overhead crane prevents the use of an upright hood. These ScrubAir hoods are very efficient for capturing the fumes at the tank surface, but when the parts are drawn up from the tank these hoods do not provide adequate fume capture for the fumes generated from the parts. The Model SSLD1 and SSLD2 hoods will require additional maintenance to remove chemical build up resulting from fumes and mist collecting in the lower portion of the hoods.
- Fabricated from 1/4” or 3/8” Type II high impact PVC.
- Slots are designed to provide 2,200-2,500 feet per minute across the entire length of the slot.
- The corners are heat formed to provide additional strength and will prevent leaking at the lower portions of the hood.
- Inspection and clean-out doors are provided at the two ends of the hoods.
- Drain is provided at the low spot of each hood.
- Quadrant locking dampers are always standard with these ScrubAir hoods to allow the system to be balanced to the desired CFM of each tank.